Monday, July 28, 2008

Fushing the XO Vision Sceen and making a bracket


I like this screen because it was very inexpensive. I managed to nab it up for $160 plus shipping. This was on ebay of course. The retail is $300. Still the two main things I care about are here. A DVD player, and head unit. This screen is also a CD player , tuner, Tv, and has USB and SD card slots for additional memory. There are two AUX in video inputs, one for backup camera, and another for a game system. So far this screen is looking pretty good. I hope to be using it in a week or so. I already soldered the wiring harness.This is what I came up with to mount it. I hope this is strong enough or I will need to go by the OEM metal brackets. I will need to drill two holes for the screws so this can be mounted. My biggest concern is the DVD player flushing to the bezel. As you can see it can be done in the picture above however I dont know if it will be able to slide forward will the bezel i made having such tight clearance. I may need to sacrifice flushing the unit to make sure it can open. I will only slide it out enough for the screen to open without resistance.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Brief description about-
# Perfect accessory for your next road trip
# 10.4-inch roof-mounted TFT LCD monitor
# 12V DC power supply
# Black finish
# 1024 XGA, 1280
# 300:1 contrast ratio

----------------
kimrennin
evangelist