Friday, January 4, 2008

Eagle Talon Dropped off for Suede Racing Seats to be installed

Spradleys seat install initial Review
Suede Racing Seats Install update
I dropped the car off at Spradleys, as I said two posts ago, last time they didnt have time to install the seats as they must make brackets for the seats to bolt to.
They said they need to keep it for two days, I assume they will be done by Saturday evening then. This morning at 9:30am ( Friday ) we dropped the car and seats off.
Spradleys Car stereo
East Ridge Tn 37412
Saturday, the car isnt done
Monday, the car isnt done
Tuesday , the car is done but the seats dont scoot back far enough to get my knees off the dash and feels very unsafe. As I accelerated " after paying" the seats rock forward and backward. After Looking at the install I dont actually see ANYTHING welded together. Its like its just a couple of strips with holes drilled and bolted to attach it to the floor. One peice of metal is bolted to another and then to the floor and is all flimsy like. I took it there to have brackets welded so the seats would be level and I feel Like I am riding on a seesaw. I Drive a 1997 eagle talon ( like eclipse) and installed suede rally style standard seats. I was charged 150 to install it and on the way to work all I could think of is getting my OEM seats back in the car. I am calling them on my first break. Jessie convinced me to wait some time before calling. I feel really jipped. The mad all the brackets from 1" X 1/8 IN STEEL . One strip goin from left to right on the front pair of bolts and the same on the rear. I asked If the seats can be put back farther and the guy gave me the smartass answer " Well I can put them in the back seats" . The stock seats rolled about 6-7 inches farther back than these. I need to be 5' tall to drive at this setup. Take in mind the installer it my SAME SIZE! So its not like there wasnt someone around to at least guestamate.
I hope your seats are for show only , otherwise
IF your getting seats installed they are NOT Recomended

No comments: