Friday, February 15, 2008

Eagle Talon DSM Body Work Begins, Custom Paint Soon , Cell Phone Picture Teaser!


This is a cell phone picture teaser. I did take plenty of pictures to be posted on the Paint section of the blog but I have not had a chance to download them yet as we stopped by and watched this on valintines day for 2 hours after dinner. Here Chad starts looking the car over for visual imperfections in the car body surface. Just as in fiberglass , the more perfect the surface you paint the better the results! He used a sharpie to Mark out the various areas that needed work. I thought my body was pretty good and another paint shop told me it was, but I had around 20 dents scattered across the sides in the form of door dings and two dents in the stock hood, three dents in the rear left Fender from Jessies neighbor backing into my car.

This is a new fender on this Drivers side of our Eagle Talon DSM. Turns out new does not mean perfect. There were low spots that more or less are dents that occurred in the manufacturing process at the factory or UPS dropped them. No matter they are small enough to level with body filler. The fender was takin all the way down to the metal because rain had already started to rust the surface.
Its Valitines day so she wasn't going to sit and be bored. She took pictures at random, I would say I over document at times, but hey we can always delete pictures right? She looked Beautiful FYI

Eagle Talon Badge Removal-
The Rubber logo was in good condition but may not look as good after being painted over, then primer, then sealed then Painted agian. I made descided to get rid of the logo and paint under it. I still believe they are available new as Stick-ons with double sided tape. if not it will encourage me to made the custom 5 1/2" one that I have been wanting to.. the Logo that was removed is 7 1/4 inches wide at the top.

It came out very smooth looking, it doesn' even have scratches from the removal process. Very Clean.. Heck I could leave it like that :P


End of the day- At the end of the day there were only three dents left to fix that I noticed, One of those was the dent from the neighbor that hit the car. Primer is scattered about the car now. I have primer on every panel except the passenger side fender, rear bumper and from bumper right now. Okay thats the end of the Teaser!. The car still has to be scuffed all over and then sprayed with sealer. The bumper , hood , doors and hatch will be removed so that the door jams, trunk jams and crevices will be matching. Even the inside of the hood will be painted to match. Theres much prepwork to be done before the Base coat is sprayed next friday then the Clear will be sprayed saturday. ( since mine is under the table) Of course never count on things going to schedule so I am keeping my fingers crossed for Sunday next weeks for the car paint being DONE . Thanks Everyone !

No comments: