Thursday, April 10, 2008

420a Red Custom Intake manifold installed with pictures

I think the color scheme that I really am going for here is Red, Silver and Black chrome. There are no parts here that are black chrome yet. Black chrome is a very dark grey over a metallic ( chrome like) base. Silver is definaltly going to be a secondary color to the red and will use te black chrome as the Nuetral. Nuetral right now is matt black, but some of the matt black brackets and pieces have a worn finish. Some of the pieces are even rusing some. I have descided to buy some more W26 paint to detail the inside of the engine bay walls. I will replace the wire with somthing contrasting I beilieve instead of the Red wire. The color choices there are blue or silver I believe.

Side view you can see how much this part has cleaned up the back of the engine bay. I now need to re-route wires out of view and re-route many vacuum hoses.

This is the bay with the hood off and more lighting before the intake was installed. I will be buffing and waxing the parts in a few days so that they maintain their luster. I am still looking forward to having parts like the thermostat, Ecu, and various black brackets powdercoated a dark metallic grey called black chrome. I believe this engine still has a dated look and that giving a cleaner more visually aggressive nuetral color will keep the red popped out instead of your eyes wondering to coroded looking parts. Parts that are bare metal and not aluminum ( silver colored) NEED to be coated with a nuetral color. They are not a focal point so being uncoated makes them nasty up the visual Chi.

No comments: