Thursday, November 29, 2007

East Ridge Auto Alignment, Inc Install Done

East Ridge Auto Alignment, INC
A complete service center
5506 Ringgold Rd.
Chattanooga Tn 37412

Phone: 423 894- 8221
Fax: 423-894-8234

Brian A Rogers
"service manager"


My picture of the car at the mechanics after I installed the turbo for them to have somthing to connect the oil supply line and oil drain to. Yes I really did do this for the Mechanic. I applied blue masking tape so the mechanic wouldn't scuff the Candy Red valve cover. They thought turbocharging to be a liability so they will only install the fuel pump, regulator, and oil feed line. Everything else is Josh. Theres no wastegate spring installed here.
Test Fit the Turbo, the Downpipe had to be cut, then rewelded to clear the oil drain and water crossover pipe. If the exhaust is directly agianst the water pipe it will boil your water, and overheat everytime. FYI

I removed the Exhaust Manifold, and slightly cleaned the exhaust ports.



A view with Stock Cracked Exhaust Manifold ( cracked where tubes meet ). Blue tape applied to protect valve cover at mechanics, when installing fuel regulator.







This is all so the oil supply line can be installed for the turbo.

Okay anyone who is reading knows I took the car to this place ( East Ridge Auto Tune) to have the oil line installed , fuel regulator and fuel pump. They had the fuel regulator and pump done fairly quick and ready the next day but said they needed me to install the turbo before they could put the oil line on. Grr, but makes sense. So I tell Brian " shop manager" that I will come in the morning to do it, then they can finish.

While I was there a guy comes out and watches at the edge of my fender for about 5 minutes without saying a word. I can't stand this!
So he says " well I guess you are the owner of this car"
Me: Yes, I am josh
:: I continued to tighten the nuts on the turbo manifold::
HIM: " You know it doesnt look good to have a customer takin his car apart outside our shop, We really dont want that, I am sure you understand"
Me: I understand completely, I dont want to be pulling my car apart in front of your shop either but you havent finished your job and asked for me to install the turbo so you could install the oil supply line as your shop didnt want to for liability reasons"
HIM: :: crickets , he doesnt know what to say::
:: he walks off::


After being slightly peeved, I pulled the Lower brace out of jessies trunk that was removed when the Intercooler piping was bent accross the street at the Maxi Muffler , so they could reinstall it. It also has to be off to get to the oil supply. The manager Brian said he would take care of it. I went back to work not a moment to soon. Only complaints after the install was tehy routed the steel lines to sit ontop of my freshly painted valve cover, Lucky I had tape on it to protect it.
COST after tax- $334


No comments: