Friday, November 9, 2007

Grounding Kit Installed on Eagle Talon 420a


After the Installation of the RalliArt Mitsubishi Grounding Kit


Here is the Compairson between Wires than were replaced and the 8 guage RalliArt

Immediatly I noticed my car idled about 100 rpm higher and smoother between 800-900 RPM. I have notice that it has longer starts so one of the grounds that goes to the starter actually needs to be bigger. This is a cheaper grounding kit from Ralliart. Ralliart is a reputable brand. This makes since because a starter can draw 130 amps for a few seconds and the wire is only rated at 45 amps. I will double or triple up for that particular ground. The good thing is that its easier to replace or upgrade wires now that they are bright red. If one was to ever come loose it is easy to find. Overall with a little tweaking with some extra wire to support the high amperage devices this should all work really well. The only thing I dont like is the material that the negative clamp is made from. Aluminum! Aluminum has 1/3 the conductivity of copper. I have every intention of replacing this with a copper version of my own. So far I have 28 dollars in this particular project. The goal is to increase grounding and make it easier to find all the wires in the event I upgrade ( Which I am SURE I will in the near future)

Later I will go to a all 4 guage set-up. 4 guage copper wire will flow 90 amps of current, at car stereo grade. This is a great expiriment to see how much wire I will need to make my own grounding system. I plan to mimic the Hyper grounding system seen here. http://sigma-automotive.com/EGS/egs.php



1 comment:

Nick said...

sorry to be off topic... But I am a new blogger and I just wanted to compliment you on your blog and kindly ask you to visit mine and tell me what you think. There are many opportunities to make money on my blog, I think you may be interested!

PS Once again, Great Blog!
Thanks,
Nick