Monday, November 12, 2007

Intercooler Piping Issues


As we can clearly see here there are three main pipes pictured that I recieved second hand. I was told it was a complete kit, Hmm maybe they fibbed. Things dont add up. There is the pipe that runs from the left of the intercooler to the right, So thats one. Then there is the Pipe that Connects to the Intake manifold on the engine and only extends to about where the air filter is, Thats two. Then the third runs from the intercooler to the Turbo. The issue is that theres a peice that extends from the Upper pipe connected to the intake manifold down to the Intercooler. I was furious! So now along with all the other things I get to make I now need to custom make Intercooler Piping as well. I believe any muffler shop can bend and weld my missing segment however it wont be polished stainless steel. I will be forced to paint this segment or Powdercoat it Candy Red Like many of the other Parts. I estimate this will set me back 100 dollars and half a saturday to have this segment welded. Before I have it made I need to mount the intercooler so that then have a point of reference to bend the pipe to.

No comments: