Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Treadstone Performance Blurb, They sent the wronge part

Okay, everyone reading this car write-up knows that I detail every moment of this install and take pictures as if things disappear instantly without warning ( if you live in the hood they do he he). I ordered a Oil line kit here http://www.treadstoneperformance.com/~treadstone/product.phtml?p=215&cat_key=89&prodname=Turbo+Oil+supply+line%2C+and+fittings

He guaranteed fitment.... I even called and asked if it fit both sides as I was skeptical, he verified that I needed their 36" oil line kit. Well the back of the 420a motor doesn't have a 1/8" little bitty screw hole. It is a whopping 3/8" inch. FYI 3/8" is measuring from the INSIDE of the fitting, so the outer diameter is like 3/4". Treadstone sent all the fittings WRONG. The 1/8" doesn't fit anything on the block at all. On top of that you must also have a T fitting so the oil pressure sensor and oil supply line feed from the same hole. I emailed him earlier today and he indicated all I needed was a 3/8" to 1/8" adapter then. Which means I would need one adapter for where it attached to the engine, one adapter for the oil line itself and another adapter for the oil pressure sensor ( that is 3/8 not 1/4). So that means I need to purchase 3 3/8" adapters due to them sending the WRONG fitting to begin with. Each of these fittings are about $5 each, so to make my oil line work he wants me to fix his mistake with all these extra fittings, NOPERS ! I called Hahn Racecraft and got a 3/8" fitting , that way it will match the block and the 3/8" sensor, but I still had to purchase 1 3/8" to 1/8" fitting to adapt the oil line itself, saved another $10 on fittings he wanted me to buy. I am a sore customer, I buy a ton of this Turbonetics turbo stuff then this happens, and then I get a poor answer instead of a " its okay , I will fix it" . What has happened to customer service these days? If these guys have a turbo kit for a 420a eclipse, the parts should fit, PERIOD! Becuase treadstones " give a dang" box is broke, I am telling everyone! I cant stand paying an excess of 2000 for these Turbonetics parts and then getting a " go fix it yourself, go to the hardware store" answer. The ONLY reason you purchase parts like this from somone that sells turbo kits parts is because you want them to be right, and if they arent you have somone to serve you....customer service.

No comments: