Monday, June 9, 2008

Iron Man themed Xbox 360 in car install 3D model

Iron Man Xbox 360 install 3d frame model
This model helps plan the Iron Man themed xbox 360 install in the Silver Eclipse. Special features like a " Arc reactor chest piece model" window and candy red powdercoating on the metal frame and drive case. Other pieces will get chromed or small details of gold.
Same drawing as above however I added color. I plan to have the steel fram the 360 sits in powdercoated candy red and the DVD drive as well. I drew this model without the drive window however I plan on having one. I will modify this model to see how it all looks. I already made another model that includes the plexiglass light up base and I will mod it further so I have a good idea of what everything looks like. The drive window will let you see inside the DVD drive to watch the disc spin. I plan to make a plexi cover for dvd drive to protect the insides from dust and then bond a plexi ring that will light up with electroluminesent material as a model of Iron Mans chest piece.



Here is the basic frame. It consists of 1/2 inch MDF backing with brads to a bridge that the Xbox 360 sits under. Each leg of the bridge has a wedge shaped support glued on. This is not intended to be a premenant frame, but a frame to make a fiberglass enclosure for the 360.
This is the fram with a mockup of the xbox 360 shape. Take in mind this is a basic design without measurements and is not prefectly to scale. I did just post pictures of the frame with the xbox 360 inside to show how it fits together.



No comments: