Friday, December 21, 2007

Scoote Hood for 420a recieved , installed and we dont need no Uhual!

Hand Delivery of Package at Shipping Terminal
This guy was great. He carried the box to me and helped me inspect it. After that he found it amusing to see how I was going to get this mattress sized box home.

"We Dont Need No Stinkin Uhauls!"
I tried to rent a Uhaul right before I came to get the Hood. I was standing in line for maybe 15 minutes listing to the clerk assist the guy in front of me. He said " yup that 19.99 per day for the small van, plus 65 cents milage in town, plus 29.99 insurance" The man was astonished and asked " So your chargin for the miles?" The clerk said, " Yup and you gotta put premium fuel in it and it has to be the same level as when I gave it to you, too bad it only gets 4-5 miles a gallon." I added the numbers in my head and realized the cost was quickly rising to 85 dollars or more just to use a van for an hour to get the hood. As I was thinking, I was also staring without purpose at the goodies rack by the counter that contained several rolls or Duck Tape, nothing occured at the moment until I looked out the window and saw a roof luggage rack on a Honda Civic. I quickly stepped out of line and purchased two rolls of black Duck Tape. I had an idea, I used a comforter to cushion the box on the roof and 2 rolls of Duck tape to hold it down. I passed the Uhaul place agian and the sales guy was standig outside. I honked and yelled, " We dont need no stinking Uhual!"


First Look Of Hood Out of the Box

Even though my finger is in the picture from here it does't look bad. No cracks or busts from shipping. There will be tons of filling pinholes and sanding before it could be painted though. Overall I am very happy to that I have this piece before painting my car.


First Picture, I was too excited to wait for daylight

This is a picture at the local car wash, the most light I could find at the time. I was too excited to actually wait till the morning to share it with everyone. :D


The car before work at first light
Its hard to see anything wronge with the detail. That means when the details are takin care of and gaps closed up between panels and painted it would look great! This picture is of the car dry. Much paint prep but looks like it will be worth it over the standard hood.


free hit counter code download
powered by hit-counter-download.com


2 comments:

Aladin said...

Smart thinking! I wouldn't suggest putting anything heavier on the roof though.
The friendly Walgreens guy,
Aladin

Ollie said...

my car.... *cry* (just teasing! good job getting the hood home!)