Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Complaints Spradleys Car Stereo or Spradley's Car stereo East Ridge TN on a Suede Seats Install

Suede Seats Install Review
Complaints
Updated Jan 14, Read below in red letters for the discussion with spradley.
First Complaints Warning : After having the seats installed by spradley they were way too close the the steering wheel. I am 5' 11" and I was stuck inside like a clown in one of those little cars, AND that was with the seat partially reclined. The installed the seats about 8 inches too far forward and that was the seat rolled all the way back. I asked him if I could get it moved back and he said " yeah sure I can put them in the back seats" Im like no really I cant drive like this. Ontop of that he said they would weld up a frame to mount to the floor with tabs. NO NONO No frame, just 1" x 1/8" slim Jim looking pieces of metal with a hole drilled in them that the OEM bolts go through. Its Sooo Loose and wobbles around. Also the seats arent straight either. They still have my OEM seats and I am going to try and get them back.
Update Jan, 24 08 Followup , I went to get the Seats back and they had been put back together after they couldnt manage to use the OEM brackets from them. They didnt call me and tell me they couldnt do it.
Spradley tried to say he actually worked on the seats four days and the reason the seats rocked around like a seesaw was because I was " a reall big guy" Which was absurd and pissed me off so I am like, " Okay then since I am so big , I contorted myself back out of the car, like a clown in one of those carnival cars, and said watch this now.... I used two fingers and moved the seat back and forth," His eyes got a little big and I am like" yeah it doesnt take such a big guy to move and its not safe." Spradley said, " yeah I know you been doggin me talkin to people". I said " well what can I say, its horrible". He said, "yeah well those were the brackets you gave me. I said " It was already established those bracked did not fit, I did not want you to install them they just happened to still be in my trunk , I paid 170 to have new brackets that DID fit welded and fabricated , and theres obviously not a drop of weld on it>" He said, " Well Im sorry that you dont like it and, well normally shops charge 50 dollars per hour to install things, you know what Im sayin, and we spent 4 days , 4 days time 8 hours would add up to alot of money. (thats $1600 hes saying he should have charged me FYI) I said," that just means they didnt know what they were doing . He said " well we never done this before. I said" okay then when I called and you knew you couldn't do what was asked and it wasnt working why didnt you tell me instead of keeping my car for 4 days, you had my cell and I called every day"
HIS response: Well we tried to weld on them for four days and if its not good enought you can leave it with us another few days, but theres no telling how long it will take.
My Thoughts : If his shop didnt have personell to Weld and fabricate a frame and mount for the seat and told me they could up front and their excuse later is that they dont do that kind of thing very often, then why would I want them to have my car another few day only to get it back misaligned, flimsy and bled on. I mean for god sakes there was Blood on the door, at least wipe it off! I am just glad it wasnt on a carpeted portion that would stain. Since having this issue I have found that there are sevaral makers of Seat brackets that are selling for 25 dollars ( OBX) at the lowest and 125 at the highest which is SPARCO Brand name, those ofcourse are high dollar.


Spradleys Car Stereo 423-499-8696
Ringgold Rd, East Ridge Tn 37412


I called spradleys about having the seats installed in the 1997 Talon. He qouted 125 because he has to make brackets. I plan to take the car to spradleys after the holiday and see what happens. They ask to have the car all day. Here is the grainy cell phone picture of the actual seats being installed.




Takin the night I received them, I had a not so great picture quality on the SGH-500 Samsung.

Update for Install for Eagle Talon / Eclipse Rally Seats Installed

They raised the price another 25 dollars since its not somthing they normally do......... " but they told me they do these all the time"

http://upgradecar.blogspot.com/2008/01/eagle-talon-dropped-off-for-suede.html

Complaints Warning : After having the seats installed by spradley they were way too close the the steering wheel. I am 5' 11" and I was stuck inside like a clown in one of those little cars, AND that was with the seat partially reclined. The installed the seats about 8 inches too far forward and that was the seat rolled all the way back. I asked him if I could get it moved back and he said " yeah sure I can put them in the back seats" Im like no really I cant drive like this. Ontop of that he said they would weld up a frame to mount to the floor with tabs. NO NONO No frame, just 1" x 1/8" slim Jim looking pieces of metal with a hole drilled in them that the OEM bolts go through. Its Sooo Loose and wobbles around. Also the seats arent straight either. I am pretty sure the installer cut himself while working on this as there was blood on the door. Gross. Spradley said he thinks he could get a fresh piece of metal and cut it agian to move the seat back but it would take a few days. This is so rediculous. They could have done the install they did in a hour or two for both seats with a saw and drill. WTF I really dont want to let him have my car for another 4-5 days only to get there and somone be a smart ass when they knew good and well that the seats arent far enough back. Beyond all that I now need to try and get my STOCK seats BACK as they didnt give them to me when I picked the car up.


free hit counter code download
powered by hit-counter-download.com

No comments: