Friday, October 19, 2007

Candy red parts sitting on engine






Here is most the candy apple red parts sitting on top of the engine. You may notice that under the hood is farely clean. I set this up to get an idea of how things will position and is there was anything else I need to have powder coated. Generally if somthing looks dirty but you cleaned it like a germophobe then you should just powdercoat the piece. The Thermostat is right beside the wastegate thats candy red and has oxidation. Later I will unbolt it an powder coat that as well. Even though I have the Cam gears on the blog I do not have them back from the candy being applied from the painter. Candy is a light tint high temp. clear coat that you apply over the red to give that deep thick color. All is well so far. I need to change the head gasket and install all these red parts. I am starting by installing the Fuel Pump and wiring. I am using a relay and wire direct to battery to get a better connection. It is said that if you use the factory wireing there is a voltage drop and the fuel pump makes a wine! I dont want wierd noises and need the pump to work flawlessly so direct wire to battery it is!

No comments: