Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Running Stretch To- do list

It is now 10/31/07 Holloween! I have just ordered the Supplemental fuel kit, 4 270cc injectors , oil feed line kit and tial wastegate gasket. When these things come in from UPS I will have everything except vacuum hose to hook everything up. I belive I will buy the hose local when it comes that time. So here are things that need to happen:

Install walbro Fuel Pump

Install Fuel Line kit

Install Fuel Regulator

Install Candy Apple Intake Manifold and Valve Cover with new gaskets

Make Heat sheild and Install over turbo

Remove oil pan, Flush engine with Mobile 1 Oil and while the pan is off it must be cleaned and Turbo Oil Drain Installed.

Reinstall Oil pan with new gasket and check for leaks on the bottom of the engine, Clean the engine best I can with soap and water. This will help me find leaks easier later. I will dust the block with Baby Powder then start the car a few minutes after the install is done, If there is a signifigant leake the baby powder will soak up the oil or coolant and change color. Easy cleanup afterwards just rinse with water, enviromentally safe.

Install Turbo + Exhuast Manifold , Be sure that is clears the water pipe, If not a new water pipe needs to be made that is curved to stay away from the exhaust.

The Timing Belt Needs to be changed at this point as well as new Candy Red Cam "gears" installed. The black belt Agianst the red should look very appealing.

At some point the New head gasket will go on however that is not a current worry as I may be purchasing a New head all together next week with new valves. The cost of the head is $435. A little less that the $455 just spent on the Injectors and fuel lines. A great deal in my opinion.