Monday, October 22, 2007

October 22 07 Frustration with Hahn

Hello, I am updating everyone. I purchased the Fuel pump and Fuel Management Unit from Hahn last Tuesday. I did receive the parts however there are no fittings whatsoever with the fuel regulator. I set out to home depot to try and find something comparable. I had no luck. I now spent 455 dollars on a Walbro 255l Fuel Pump and Regulator. I am feeling some there is a Honda kid out there laughing at me. I called back Hahn and they said that for the fittings, return fuel line and a set of four 270cc 26# Accel injectors that it would cost an additional $455.75 . Wow so that means I will have 910.75 for some fittings for the Fuel Management Unit ( FMU) I purchased from them, a set of four injectors, Walbro 255l high pressure fuel pump and return fuel line kit. Oh I almost forgot, they are including a "fuel mapper" for that price. The fuel mapper is a little electronic choke that prevents the voltage from going to high, it is more or less their version of a fuel cut defender. A fuel cut defender cuts fuel off at a predesignated point so a car can only go so fast and or only have so much horsepower. Bad things happen if the fuel cut is activated while under boost, the car will loose all power for maybe a half second, then have power again, then loose it again. I have heard but not experienced that this feels like you are entering the earths atmosphere in a tin can.

So here is the breakdown of the known needed parts from HahnRacecraft.com

Late Model Fuel Kit- $200 somthing

Fuel Injectors by Accell 26# 270cc per minute - $180 set of 4

Extra stuff that I am being charged for- whatever is left ( $130 dollars)



Other parts I need that I need to get

-Oil line fitting to adapt oil feed to the turbo- $$$

-Flex pipe section welded into the downpipe, must be done at muffler shop - $70

-vacuum tubing of various size- 30$


On the Wish list but not needed

- Ceramic based insulating paint $50

-Godspeed Intercooler $270






No comments: