Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Treadstone Perfomance , Oil Line Woes


I found quickly that the Hahn Kit simply is not large enough to connect to the oil hole already threaded in the turbo and too small for the fitting. Instead of pushing trial and error I descided to try and get a line kit that fits to begin with.
Treadstone Performance is a Turbonetics dealer. The parts they sell are the same if not very close to what came with came with a Star turbo kit. I had to find somone who already had a Fitting that will screw into the Turbonetics T3/T4 that I have. The Hahn kit just didnt cut it. The only usable part was the drain fitting to weld to the oil pan and the hose ( which is pretty universal) They recomended their 36" oil feed line kit, with 1/8" NPT connector. To prevent me from going to a local perfomance shop and spend all day trying to find the correct fitting I purchased this line from them at $54 after shipping.

No comments: